So I drove for hours, beneath the melting sun; probably sixth months ago I would have said that this was me going home, but it was me finding nothingness. It was me looking for something invisible, not sure that it even existed, a lost dream through the back mirror.

I wanted to drown inside, but the only thing I did after stopping the car, was throw myself into the sand, my camera still in its backpack, and my chest swallowing forgiveness.

I stood there for hours, not asking for anything, not waiting for something, just there, until the sea started licking my toes.

It’s the bitter reminder of time’s change in something we believed was authentic. I wish you knew how sorry I am for insisting something you didn’t want to give.

We move too fast, and life wasn’t forever. 

No comments:

Post a Comment